First all-in-1 Personal Cardiovascular Monitor and AI-based Stroke Prevention System to enable early detection of key factors indicating stroke risk
Hsinchu, Taiwan May 28th, 2018 – Maisense, an innovative startup, devotes itself to stroke prevention. The company”s corporate mission is to assist users with early detection of atrial fibrillation, and to support physicians in the efficient treatment and better cardiovascular care for their patients. Unlike other cardiovascular care products, which need multiple devices to measure ECG/EKG and blood pressure separately, Maisense Freescan in combination with the myFreescan App delivers an all-in-1 solution for early atrial fibrillation detection, arrhythmia (bradycardia and tachycardia) detection, pulse wave velocity, and blood pressure monitoring in a single device.
The Maisense Healthy Heart Hub (HHH) is a smart solution for cardiovascular care which consists of 3 components:
1. Freescan – the personal cardiovascular monitoring device for the patients and health conscious users. The device senses the lead 1 ECG and radial artery pulse by using 3 electrodes (1 as RA, 1 as LA, 1 as RL) combined with 1 pressure sensor. With the aforementioned bio-signals, Freescan can register parameters such as pulse transmission time (PTT), and calculates systole (SYS) and diastole (DIA) blood pressure respectively according to a formula. The devices can also calculate the heart rate (HR) and indicates irregular heartbeat. With its build-in Bluetooth technology, Freescan uploads each measurement to the Mobile App, and combines it with Maisense artificial intelligence (AI) to provide additional conclusions. The device has received an EU CE medical certification.
2. myFreescan – the Mobile App for patients or health conscious users to keep track of their personal health trends and to screen AFib/Arrhythmia. In addition, the pulse waveform and ECG/EKG waveform captured by Freescan provide the artery pulse wave velocity which is the indicator for artery stiffness and alerts the user to seek professional medical advice.
3. The Patient Care System – the platform used by doctors and professional physicians to monitor a patient”s vital parameters. Through the system personalized advices can be given instantly to guide patients. A detailed health report can be generated by the doctors via the system to support the patients for short-term/long-term heart health monitoring.
Freescan could proof a highly exact performance compared with Holter monitor systems in clinical field tests. In May 2018, Maisense finished the clinical research on AFib detection in the Chang-Gung Memorial Hospital, Keelung, Taiwan. The clinical results demonstrate the feasibility of using Freescan in detecting AFib as the preliminary screening results with over 95% sensitivity and over 99% specificity. The clinical results are under submission to the American Heart Association (AHA) 2018.
Maisense will present the solution at the ESH (European Society of Hypertension) conference in Barcelona from June 8th-11th in hall 8, booth 22, In addition to product demos for Freescan, myFreescan and the Patient Care System, the Maisense experts are available to discuss atrial fibrillation detection and the latest results of clinical studies.
Freescan is now available in Germany at Mindtech ( https://www.mindtecstore.com/Maisense_1). Maisense is looking for distributors in European Union.
Maisense is proud to be a member of the Global Research & Industry Alliance (GLORIA-Semicon) which focuses on future-oriented technology and builds a cooperation platform between universities and the industry. The organization stimulates innovation and introduces Taiwan startup companies to the global market. GLORIA will also exhibit alongside Maisense at ESH – booth 22.
Bildquelle: © Maisense
Maisense is an innovative startup working in non-invasive medical cardiovascular monitoring for personal use, combined with artificial intelligence software for stroke prevention including AFib/arrhythmia/artery stiffness detection for professional physician use. Founded in 2012, Maisense was granted the award for “Best Investment Potential” by Taiwan”s Ministry of Economic Affairs. Maisense”s Freescan is the world first cuffless blood pressure monitor measuring directly from wrist pulse and it has received EU CE medical certification. It has been honored with the 2015 National Innovation Award in Taiwan, as well as ranking second among the Top 10 Innovative Health Products at the Arab Health 2016 fair in Dubai. In 2017, it has received the “Taiwan top 10 coolest innovative startups award” from the Ministry of Science and Tech in Taiwan. For more information, visit www.maisense.com
“GLORIA-Semicon” – (Global Research & Industry Alliance Semiconductor) of Taiwan Ministry of Science & Technology is a platform that promotes high value-added and cross-field innovative products and services, and also dedicates in exploring and expanding the opportunities for members” pioneering design to connect with Taiwan industry and academy resources. For more information, please visit http://riact.nctu.edu.tw/
GLORIA-Semicon is now coordinating a special interest group (SIG) for biomedical devices providers. Connections in between medical doctors, clinical trials as well as interdisciplinary researches are being sponsored by Taiwan government. We welcome international partners and jointly explore new businesses and channels especially in Chinese communities.
Dedication of GLORIA-Semicon:
– Allying global entrepreneurs with Taiwan semiconductor eco-system
– Providing one-stop services
– Facilitating global entrepreneurs in Taiwan to connect with local resources
– Collaborating with excellent academic groups in technical development